We love seeing your ideas, and welcome design proposals that celebrate creativity, crafting, and learning.
Patterns that include tutorial supplements (such as videos or photo-step by step guides) are ideal for unique or unfamiliar techniques.
Only digital submissions are accepted. Submissions should be in .pdf format and include the following:
- Name, address, phone, and email information for the designer
- Sketch or photos that represent the finished work.
- Drawings/schematics to show how the piece is constructed. Pay attention to sizing and proportion.
- Specifics of which yarn(s) are proposed for the project
- Image of a hand knitted swatch in the proposed (or similar) yarn.
- Description of the work, including notes on sizing, inspiration, and other information.
Multiple submissions are welcome, but please send one submission per email. All submissions should be emailed to Hello@MakersMercantile.com - use "Design Submission" as the subject line, and include the theme (ex: Design Submission - Soaring).
Acceptance and Payment
Once your proposal is accepted, we will create a contract outlining the terms of acceptance. Unless otherwise noted, we license for exclusive rights for use in print, electronic, or otherwise.
Payments are made shortly after the sample and pattern has been submitted. Samples become the property of Makers' Mercantile.
Current Calls for Submission
Makers' Mercantile is accepting submissions for the calls listed below. If your idea does not fit into one of our current themes, feel free to submit it as well!
We are actively accepting proposals for original hat patterns for our monthly subscription boxes.
We are actively accepting proposals for original sock patterns for our monthly subscription boxes. View monthly unboxing videos HERE.
Submissions are due by Sunday, September 6, 2020